DIBS Rescue Volunteer Contract 2020
1. My foster dog will be kept securely leashed at all times, while outside of the home. Foster dog is to be secured by using their flat collar, slip lead, a double lead, a leash attached to a harness or a combination thereof. Additional care will ensure these items are properly fitted and attached. Dogs in foster will have a collar with identifying DIBS tags on at all times and watched closely when the doors and gates to the home are open.
2. My foster dog must wear the DIBS registered Tractive device at all times. The Tractive device will be charged nightly and remains the property of DIBS Rescue when the dog is adopted. Any damage or loss of the Tractive device must be reported immediately.
3. DIBS Rescue dogs will not be taken to off-leash dog parks or loose in fenced off-leash dog parks while in foster care. DIBS will not be responsible or liable for any damages a DIBS dog may cause while playing with other dogs or injuries or damages that may happen while playing.
4. I agree that the dog will reside in my home, and will have boundaries set according to DIBS practices, including being kept off the furniture and provided with a comforting place to retire to, such as a dog bed or crate.
5. Any dog that I foster will only be fostered by me and I will not remove the dog from my primary or secondary residence(s) without prior approval from DIBS. This includes informing DIBS if I take the dog on work trips, vacations, moving to other fosters, etc. If I plan to go out of town, I will inform a DIBS Board member at least one week in advance so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
6. I shall provide adequate care to any dog that I foster by providing food, fresh water, shelter, exercise, and attention.
7. I shall review the dog’s medical records upon arrival and notify DIBS if any foster dog in my care is in need of routine veterinary care so that is can be provided in a timely manner. DIBS will be responsible for veterinary care and expenses that occur during their initial rescue. If a veterinary visit is necessary, I will be referred to a DIBS approved vet. All appointments/tests/expenses must be approved by DIBS.
8. I will not keep my foster dog outside all day or all night and I will not confine the dog inside for long periods of time during the day. The foster dog is not to be housed outside or in a kennel run. I will keep the foster dog indoors when the family is away from the home. At no time will the dog be placed outside tied up. They dog may not be left in the car for even short or long periods of time.
9. In the event of an incident, injury or emergency, related to DIBS foster dog, I will, to the best of my ability, first address the situation to prevent exacerbation and then will inform DIBS Board (Christine or Julia) no more than 30 minutes after the situation occurs.
10. I shall notify DIBS if any fostered dog is sick or has sustained an injury. If a veterinary visit is necessary, I will be referred to a DIBS partner vet. All charges to the veterinarian must be approved by DIBS. Costs associated with any illness or injury to my foster dog that is due to my negligence or neglect, as determined by the DIBS veterinarian, will be charged to me.
11. I shall return all foster supplies to DIBS, including but not limited to the Tractive Device, its pouch and contents, upon the end of my fostering position so that they can continue to use the supplies for future dogs.
12. DIBS protocol must be followed for the processing, screening, and approval of all adoption applications. I will not accept or process applications without them first being approved by the DIBS team and I will not release the foster dog to the adopter until DIBS has given me permission to do so.
13. I understand that DIBS and its volunteers have no way of predicting or guaranteeing the actions, behavior, or disposition of any dog that is placed in my care. I understand that although every effort has been made to assess the temperament of the dogs rescued by DIBS, dogs are independent living animals and may act unpredictably in any given situation. I shall take every precaution to prevent accidents and guard against unpredicted actions by any dog that I foster. I understand the dog’s behavior might also change.
14. I am fully aware that fostering through DIBS or volunteering for the rescue has known and unknown risks and may carry potential of injury, loss of property and physical harm.
15. I agree to promptly surrender and deliver to DIBS any records, materials, equipment and data of any nature pertaining to my volunteer services, and I will not take with me any description containing or pertaining to any confidential information, knowledge, or its clients which I have produced or obtained during the course of my volunteer services.
16. I agree to keep confidential and not to disclose information, which was gained during my volunteer services. In particular case records, mailing lists, fund raising or any subject matter pertaining to any dealing of the DIBS Rescue, its volunteers, veterinarian help or its applicants and adopters.
Click here to confirm and sign.