Social Media Role
At DIBS, we like to have a dynamic team working on our social media, with the focus being on the dogs bios! It is the role of the social media team to work with the foster parents to be sure the dogs true personality comes through (the good, the bad, and the unique).
The open role is a senior position: we are looking for someone to be a leader, and once ramping up, to take over the day to day requirements of the role (this does include delegating!). Time requirements could be an hour a day, or it could be 5 minutes 10 times a day, so someone who has ready access to technology is ideal! Rescue is every day (weekends too) and at times, requirements will keep you hopping! Other times, it is quieter (but not always for long!)
We need someone to understand the importance of this role in finding the best forever family for each dog!
Currently, we have great a great set-up and processes in place: we are not looking for changes there (Steps are documented and selected volunteer has reference files for review).
We are interested in a person to become entrenched in the day to day, and understand which dogs need applications, which dogs need a bio revamp, working with foster parents to extract important info, change status of dogs to start/stop incoming applications. This leader would be integrated with the core team, and with the big picture in mind, be able to lead the marketing of the dogs. Potential adopters rely on the information that this team provides, and the detail is key in obtaining relevant and successful applications.
Who are we looking for?
- Update new dogs as rescuers bring into rescue
- Determine and edit which dogs need bio refresh
- Include new info/photos as fosters present it
- Integration as part of the executive team to make decisions, determine updates, take ownership of the role.
- Tech Savvy
- Be able to learn and navigate Facebook, Word Press and Petfinder
- Internet accessible – often online and can make occasional updates in a timely manner
- Sometimes a quick update is needed!!!
- Marketing minded
- Be able to update bios to reflect true personality
- Professional in communication style
If you think you could be an asset to our team, please apply here: