MAGIC – Scruffy Mix / 1.5 years / 16kg / M-Neutered
You may be surprised that Magic is still looking for his perfect home: we share the same sentiment! After all, he is pretty perfect inside and out.
– His love of playing, whether that is with his foster bro or with a stuffy, it doesn’t take a lot to get him in a playful mood!
– Magic is housetrained, crate-trained (he has even graduated from it), and he makes an excellent house guest
– He is very respectful of everyone in the home!
– A++ for personality
– Magic knows sit, paw, sit pretty, and ‘go to bed’ which is his queue to go in his crate or dog bed! He loves practicing new skills.
What does it take to be Magic’s forever family?
– Magic must go to a home that has an existing dog pal, preferably one that is around the same age as him or a bit older! He loves to play so having a pup to play with and be his bff will be key!
– Magic would do well with people who are homebodies and would love to accompany you on neighbourhood walks. If you are retired or work from home, Magic would be an excellent companion for you!
– Adults or older kids only, as he can we wary of wee ones (Its not that he dislikes children, its just that he has not had much exposure to them in his young life)
He walks very well on leash and is clocking about 5km-6km a day. When not on a walk, he will happily pass the time sleeping in his dog bed or playing with a toy. Magic really enjoys spending time with other dogs and often goes on pack walks with his foster mom. However, he does not love rude behaviour from other dogs and will need slow intros to new dogs (This is always a best practice for any dog, anytime, but worth reminding peeps!).
If Magic sounds like your future family member, please check out the adoption process and application at www.dibsrescue.com. His adoption fee is $750. If you are a family with older kids, please check out our resources on kids and dogs before you apply (https://dibsrescue.com/kids-dogs/).