DIBS is looking for a few different roles to help us put our best foot forward for incoming flights!
- Commercial Customs Representative. As DIBS dogs arrive via a commercial import, we need a volunteer to represent DIBS at the commercial customs office. We prep all the paperwork, and a volunteer needs to take it to the office and process it real time. (Somewhat like a broker role, and we walk you through it all!)
- Flight Lead volunteer. When we have incoming flights, we typically have a lead person, that gathers supplies, interacts with the flight parent, and ensures all dogs are safely handed off to the foster parents. We have lots of experience and protocols in place: we just need a lead! We typically hope our foster parents can fill the role for the night, as they will be on site, but sometimes the stars don’t align.
Many roles at DIBS are virtual, but both of these roles are hands-on! (Location matters!)
The time commitment depends on the number of flights we have per week. Some weeks it may be zero flights. Other weeks there may be three!
Requirements for the role(s):
- Close proximity to Pearson (Mississauga is ideal)
- Ability to go to Pearson airport for incoming flights
- Gather supplies for DIBS fosters and bring to the flight pick-up
- Ability to learn the processes and follow guidelines (we have safety protocols in place, to ensure the dogs are secure and safe)
Flight LeadVolunteer Role for Incoming Flight Lead
"*" indicates required fields