ARISTIDES – Boxer Mix / 8 Months / 13.5kg / M-Neutered
Special Needs: Hearing impaired
Aristides is waiting for his world to change (not that he isn’t loving his foster home!) His foster mom says he is quite amazing and that he can stay as long as he wants. Together, they did work on a wishlist for his forever home:
– he’d love to live outside of the hustle and bustle of the city!
– someone home most of the time as he loves to be with his humans
– a secured yard as he loves being outside (no apartments for this guy)
– A confident dog pal in the home (both for guidance and companionship). Bonus points if the existing dog is similar age/size – big dogs can be a bit scary for this guy
– understanding humans as he is shy around new people, and needs people willing to be patient with him
What Aristides is bringing to the table?
– Loves cats
– Food motivated – great for training
– Excellent leash skills
– Playful (typical puppy energy) but also loves to catch some rays and chill.
– He is very gentle so we are hopeful he will be a fan of kids (no kid testing done though, so likely older kids are best)
– He is a dream! (Foster mom may be a tad smitten!)
Although Aristides is hearing impaired, it hasn’t slowed him down one bit! He is responding well to hand signals and just needs his family to learn how to communicate with him in a different way.
To apply to adopt Aristides, check out the adoption process and application at www.dibsrescue.com. His adoption fee is $870. If you are a family with (older) kids, please check out our resources on kids and dogs before you apply (https://dibsrescue.com/kids-dogs/)