CHOKOLINA – Lab Mix / 8 Months / 8.9kg / F-Spayed
We know that this isn’t our typical profile photo for a dog, but with these cute little feets, we couldn’t just do a headshot of her and cut them out of the image! She truly is adorable, from head to toe.
We recently asked her foster mom “what is your favourite thing about her” and we got a list!
• She is very affectionate and loyal
• Sleeps through the night in her crate, also goes into her crate throughout the day for naps.
• Very playful, loves her toys (and destroying them). Will entertain herself with a few toys.
• favourite activity is play wrestling with my 2 pups and running around the backyard with them
• also loves to find good sticks in the backyard and go to town chewing on them (for the most part she now knows what she can and can’t chew in the house)
• she loves belly rubs and chin scratches!
• we call her our lil fruit bat (lol when she puts her ears all the way back she resembles one)
• good on hikes, likes taking in the new smells
• still not tested with kids so unsure
• has learned she needs to be in a “calm” sit to get treats (meals on the other hand are still a large work in process. A slow feeder bowl will be needed for this girl)
• very quick learner, a smart cookie. Quickly learning sharing is caring lol
• she has a cute little howl that comes out when she barks
• she is a total sweetheart
As you can see, her foster family loves her, and we can’t wait to find her a family that shares that enthusiasm. As for her wishlist, Chokolina loves to sunbathe and run around the backyard, so a secured yard is a must. Her future home will need an existing dog pal to mentor her and show her the ropes! We know she is good with dogs. In Mexico, she was cat tested and passed (we have not tested her here). Her housetraining is going so well: not quite there yet, but all signs point in the right direction (fingers crossed!)
If you meet her requirements and think she could be the girl for you, check out the adoption process and application at www.dibsrescue.com. Her adoption fee is $870. If you are a family with kids, please check out our resources on kids and dogs before you apply (https://dibsrescue.com/kids-dogs/).