DUQUE – Shepherd Mix / 2 Years / 13kg / M-Neutered
Lord Duque of DIBS – Curriculum Vitae
I am a loyal and loving dog, and will be an asset to any family. Surviving hardships in my past have made me really appreciate the greater things in life. I am known for my enthusiasm and willingness to make people happy.
June 2021 – Current – Toronto, ON
– I have been in my current position since June of this year, and while I love it, I am looking for a permanent role within the right family.
– These 3 months have been, without a doubt the best 3 months of my life, and my mentor has taught me so much (please see skills section of this resume)
September 2019 – June 2021 – Puebla, MX
– I was fortunate to be given the chance to live in a shelter for other dogs with similar circumstances. While it was not a place that I wanted to spend my life, it was apparent that I was one of the lucky ones. (Less than 10% of dogs born in the world, make it into a rescue program)
– Prior to my time at the shelter, I held various positions, such as neighbourhood greeter, outdoor dog, food gatherer.
– Knows commands such as sit, lay down, wait
– Excellent walk skills
– Outstanding house manners including mastering the elevator, house-training and crate training. Please note, I am also non-destructive.
– Proficient at play, and had a great amount of endurance. Due to this, my preference is to not be the only canine in my future home, as I do like to play. If this requirement can not be met, I am flexible to explore other arrangements (ie daily playdates, etc)
– Cat chaser. I realize this won’t make me suitable for all families, but it is a skill I have honed.
– Very handsome. I am aware that this is not necessarily a skill, it does assist me to sweet talking my mentor into more training.
– Of course I am fully vetted, and I have just few possessions (blanket, toys, etc)
– Recently I acquired one square inch of land in Scotland, making me the only Lord in the history of DIBS.
If you do find my resume of interest, I would appreciate learning more about your open position. Please check out the adoption process and application at www.dibsrescue.com. His adoption fee is $750. If you are a family with older kids, please check out our resources on kids and dogs before you apply (https://dibsrescue.com/kids-dogs/)